Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Frugal's Back and Doubly Employed

Well, Stella came and Stella fled. Frugality is not for the weak of heart or will. But she left me with some great ideas. I've got to get down to the dumpling house. Though I feel I should bring a native Cantonese speaker like Stella with me. That way I don't miss out on all the old ladies ragging on each other. Nothing goes with dumplings like a spicy concoction of hen pecking.

This last weekend I fled to Cherry Hill, New Jersey. My grandmother lives there. There I ate deliciously ripe Jersey tomatoes, so good. I read. I slept a lot and I helped grandma spread some top soil around, trimmed a few tree branches, moved heavy objects.

But the trip was away from the city and as such, we won't be counting any expenses involved in that trip. I still spent enough before and after to make the balance even more dismal. It's the going out folks. That kills. Tonight I made two dishes that I can eat repeatedly, so hopefully I won't have to spend anything for the next couple of days.

Yesterday I got a great piece of news. I landed a part time job. This little gig that asks for about ten hours a week will speed up the whole bill paying process and after provide me with even more earnings. This is really good news. And I'm quite excited about starting on Friday. This weekend I have a friend coming to town. I'm thinking I might as well suspend my efforts for labor day. They can resume at a later date. This Frugal needs a break of his own.

Speaking of breaks, here's a breakdown of what I've been up to.

The Long Breakdown

Starting Balance: -$115.75

In: $50

Friday
Wendy's: $4

Sunday:
Groceries: $29
Beer: $2

Monday:
Laundry: $6.50
Bleach: $1.25
Paper Towels $1.50

Tuesday:
Groceries: $5.25
Halal: $4
Banana: $.25
Bar: $20

Wednesday:
Groceries: $3

Balance: -$132.25

No comments: