Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Oh How The Righteous Fall

I've been a bad boy. I've been bad. There's no excuse for my behavior. Last night after asking my mom for medical advice I completely dismissed it. For this I feel genuinely bad. But a friend invited me over to drink Sangria and play scrabble. There I met a young woman who was very much about making snacks and hanging out. After our mutual friend sort of dozed off, in classic fashion, we went to a bar. And bars, people, thems are devils.

So I spent $24 there and woke up late for work hungover and still sick. So I dragged my sorry ass off to work. But I had to buy breakfast. Then I got home in no mood to cook. So I ordered hot and sour soup and chicken lo mein. So while I would've started the day off in the black, I'm right back in the red with groceries yet to buy.

Oh and I had to buy The Best of Sam and Dave tonight. Soul Man, Hold on I'm Coming. They are the songs and the routines that two white comedians stole and made into the Blues Brothers.

Such unfrugal behavior. Even when yesterday morning started off with me finding a dollar on the street. I thought it was a sign. But in other news, I may have landed that second job I was talking about so that's good.

So let's do the walk of shame breakdown. Sorry, mom.

Starting Balance: -$18.25

In: $21

Out:
Drinks and tip: $24
Egg Sandwich & Juice: $5
Chinese Food: $7
Sam and Dave: $12

Balance: -$46.25

Ouch

2 comments:

Bismo said...

"They are the songs and the routines that two white comedians stole and made into the Blues Brothers."

In defense, you should certainly Sam Moore what HE thinks of the Blues Brothers... and several other prominent old-school black blues artists as well. Many of them credit those white comedians with revitalizing their careers! But having said that I agree, nuthin' like the original stuff!!

(hailthetiki.com)

Paul said...

Thanks for pointing that out. I suppose "stole" may be too harsh a word. Though, and I speak my own ignorance here, I hadn't heard of Sam & Dave until I watched the STAX documentary on PBS the other night, so it certainly seems like Sam & Dave got the short end of the stick.
But once I got a taste of "You Don't Know Like I Know," I had to have more.