Monday, July 30, 2007

Dinner with my Friend

Tonight a very generous friend of mine invited me to dinner, this is the same one who let me sleep above her refrigerator. It was odd going back and looking up at my old sleeping hole. I wanted to climb up again just for old time sake. Dinner was a lovely Asian affair with bite sized egg rolls, brown rice, green beans and shrimp. And a bit of wine. It was yummy. For this feast I gladly did the dishes, always a classy move when you're being given free food. Another classy move is taking all the perishable food from your friend's refrigerator because she's going to "Barthalona" for nine days and she doesn't want it to spoil. Now I've got more humus than Zorba the Greek could eat.

Mostly it was just nice to sit and chat and be myself around a friend. The food was a great bonus but I was glad to get out of the house after spending the weekend in. Meanwhile I'm feeling under the weather. I hope it's not the hantavirus from that dead mouse. Don't want to miss work.

It's funny, I used to be the kid that cut school at the slightest sniffle. Sometimes I would act sick so I could stay home. But now I don't feel good about missing work for any reason. Strange. So I'm going to bed, I'd love to wake up early and have a cuppa while watching shitty network non-news. Seriously what IS "The Today Show"? And why does a crowd of idiots congregate there every morning. Those hicks need to get a nice bagel and walk Central Park, not gawk at Matt Lauer grabassing with Al Roker.

Breakdown before bedtime.

Balance: -$28.25

In: $10

Out: $0

Balance: -$18.25

No comments: