Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Nobody knows the trouble I've seen...

Well, this is turning out to be much harder than anticipated. $10 a day has turned out to mean staying inside and not doing anything. Also worrying about food. Watching the chicken dwindle in the fridge, the Hangandaz disappear and spending a lot of time sober.

Meanwhile it's the day of our nation's Independence and I am legally bound to celebrate. I need to get out of the house and go see the fireworks or go to a bar. That means "Goodbye, money." I'm acting the cheapskate at the moment, which I'm planning on this moment lasting 6 months, but in real life I'm not that cheap. I tip well, I eat well, and I like to buy for my dates when I'm with one. But you can't treat your date on today's balance of $3.50. Unless she adores Raman.

Then next week I've got a wedding coming up in another town which means buying food elsewhere. I need a haircut which I typically pay $40 for, and I'd like to get someone to polish my shoes. So I guess the answers here are a) pack a lunch or eat cheap, b) go to Supercuts, and c) polish my own damn shoes.

Someone please sing the theme song of Good Times for me. Balance to come.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Any time you meet a payment. - Good Times.
Any time you need a friend. - Good Times.
Any time you’re out from under.
Not getting hassled, not getting hustled.
Keepin’ your head above water,
Making a wave when you can.

Temporary lay offs. - Good Times.
Easy credit rip offs. - Good Times.
Scratchin’ and surviving. - Good Times.
Hangin in a chow line - Good Times.
Ain’t we lucky we got ‘em - Good Times.

Mmmmmm
Just lookin' out of the window.
Watchin' the asphalt grow.
Thinkin' how it all looks hand-me-down.
Good Times, yeah, yeah Good Times

Keepin' your head above water
Makin' a wave when you can

Temporary lay offs. - Good Times.
VOICE-OVER spoken by John Amos: Good Times was recorded in front of a live studio audience.