Friday, July 6, 2007

I'll Make the Pasta, You Bring the Wine

This is a cheap way to get a buzz on. And pasta isn't all that expensive. So tonight my friend wanted to come over and eat and watch a movie. I said I'll make the pasta you bring the wine. But it's way to hot tonight to do anything but hang out by the AC and listen to music. So she's well fed and drunk on my couch. Still the ingredients cost me $7.50. But she brought over 3 bottles of three-buck chuck so it cost her about the same.

Viva New York, peoples.

DAILY BREAKDOWN

Starting Balance: -$6.00

In: $10

Out: $7.50

Balance -$3.50


And if you listen very hard, the tune will come to you at last.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Trader Giottos Sausage Pasta Sauce is amazing and is just as good when cut with a full can of hunts tomato sauce. total, less than $4 for a sauce that will make 4-5 single meals.

This blog idea reminds me of the total less and $4
for a sauce that will make 4-5 meals">NYT Frugal Traveler
. It is also comforting to know that the Frugal Traveler gets paid to publish. He has set a lucrative precedent.

Paul said...

Sounds like a good recipe. I'll try it out for sure, though the TJ in Union Square is a madhouse. Still I can stop by and pick up more three-buck chuck.

Chris Silvernail said...

Hey man, I've added you to my blogroll at http://www.natural3d.com/wordpress. I'll be keeping up with your efforts to destroy debt!