Saturday, July 28, 2007

The Last Day of the Food Stamp Challenge

The last two days have been all about Harry Potter. I had a half day at work on Friday and I went home and have been reading off and on ever since. Last night I made more fried rice, finishing off the last of my 6 eggs and my onions too. Then I sat down with nice full glass of water of and watched "El Laberinto del Fauno" (you know it as Pan's Labyrinth, a misnomer considering I don't think they ever say Pan). Despite its high production value, it is just plain creepy. But perhaps it was true to its fairy tale roots, most actual fairy tales are pretty creepy. Try reading Grimm's originals some time and you'll know what I mean. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I liked it. It beats the shit out of "Legend" with Tom Cruise, which is the closest thing I can think to compare it to.

Today was sort of a ghost day, I made fried peanut butter sandwiches, which involves buttering your sandwich bread and frying them in a pan much like grilled cheese sandwiches. I also ate some more of fried rice. Didn't go anywhere, and didn't have much human contact beyond my parents calling and a bit of Google talk. I sort of drifted in and out of sleep. It's one of those days where you are surprised to learn that it's dark outside already.

As you know, my goal has been to spend no more than $10 dollars a day. I've plotted out my daily spending using Excel and if I taking out those shoes I bought during the wedding, my spending will average about $10.04 per day if I spend nothing until the end of the month. Not bad, but still shy of the goal. I won't be counting traveling expenses or dry cleaning in the future so I might actually be able to come with in my goal next time. The point is kind of moot though, because tonight at midnight, I'm going to buy food and beer and end this fast. Remember, if I've learned any thing it's that the poor should get at least a 33% increase in their weekly food budget. It just makes sense.

Shine on you crazy diamonds.

Breaking it down.

Starting Balance: -$51.25

In: $20 (2 days)

Out: $0

Balance: -$31.25

No comments: