Friday, September 7, 2007

I Owe Somebody an Apology.

Hello, Blog. Listen Blog, we need to talk. See, I like you. I really do. And I'm not breaking up with you. I'm not. That isn't what this is about. At the end of my spiel you and I will still be friends. We'll continue to hold hands and be one. But Blog, baby Blog of mine, you make it hard. You do. See, I want to be a part of this. Many people do. I want to feel this love be this person and know this thing. I do. I do. But ten dollars a day? That's it? Ten dollars a day. Man Bloggy, Bloggy baby of mine, Bloggy boo, that's a lot to ask. That's a whole lot to ask.

See. I shut you out sure. And believe it or not Blog, peoples were disappointed. They were, they think we're a good couple. A few days, a week without you and me together, Blog, it hurt folks, folks I care about. They suffered in their own way. And it wasn't really an intended break. I didn't even mean it to last as long as it did. But you pushed me. See, I was talking to a friend of mine today. She said that sometimes the denial leads to going on binges. And that's what happened. That is exactly what happened. Well that and a friend came to town. And I told you blog, I said that I wouldn't be counting this weekend. There's no point on it. And listen. Listen, Blog, I've been with you for two months and I've been trying real hard to keep it together. So I went a little AWOL this weekend. I may have even gone backwards. I may have, como se dice, overextended myself.

See Adam was in town and you know how much I love that kid. So we went to bars, we went to ATMs, we went to restaurants. We didn't go to the tailors or the haberdashers or the dog tracks, but if you look around my kitchen you'll notice a new spice rack (crazy I know), you might see a few cans of beer, a few bottles of wine, you might trip over a new power strip or two. You might notice lots of things. But I swear baby, I've got it under control. Today, today I spent nothing. But otherwise, I put a lot of good money towards the bar tab that would better have been spent on the credit card. Sorta. I had fun this weekend. I relaxed. I did what you do as a host in New York City. You see the whole place all over again through the eyes of your guest and that is worth a good deal. But I feel like you and me have got some making up to do, Blog.

Listen. I started a new job. And that should help. That should help a bit. Unfortunately it is a corporate bullshit nightmare that reminds me of my first job at Taco Bueno. Blog, I'm working for you, in my way. I have to memorize a bunch of forms and look over mountains of non-disclosure, safety, harassment, and tutoring strategy forms, as if you can reduce teaching kids to a few pages. As if any one should have to go through all this crap just to make $6 an hour after taxes. I've worked in colleges, other tutoring centers, summer camps for children and I never had to go through the kind of rigmarole these jerks are putting me through. But I'm doing it for you Blog. And I swear, I won't be far away.

Let's hug it out, Blog.

Breakdown

Starting Balance: -$132.25

In: $10

Out: $0

Ending Balance: -$122.25

1 comment:

Stella Lee said...

how dare you treat Blog this way.

you lowdown dirty dog.