Saturday, October 6, 2007

The Definitions of Frugal

gratis: Getting something for free is always a pleasure. On Wednesday I discovered that I had about $60 worth of Best Buy certificates. So I headed out to buy some entertainment. I got a couple of games and only had to pay the tax. That night I went home and cooked some dinner for later in the week, had to pick up some groceries to do so.

recuperation: For some reason I got sick. I blame it on the plethora of tots I grabbed this weekend. Kids are the cutest and perhaps deadliest of all vectors, so I took the day off. I was feeling better later in the day, good enough to go out and buy some groceries. I also decided to go ahead and attend my other job. Antibiotics are a wonderful thing.

vindication: I saw a familiar face at the tutoring center. One of the people that I was training with at the evil tutoring center had defected. I was happy to see her, not only because someone I thought was a good person wasn't participating in those shenanigans, but also because it confirmed my decision.

fraternize: After work I gathered with a few friends at a dinner party. We had a Mexican style feast. I provided guacamole and chips. Fairly yummy, if I do say so myself. I'm sure my contribution was outdone by others but I must say that every one brought in their own bit of variety. If variety is the spice of life, friendship must be the bread.

remuneration: On Friday, the workplace prince, a diminutive canine named Francis was hungry and giving his significantly pregnant retainer a bit of grief. So I offered to go across the street to fetch his lordship some kibble. For my services I was allowed to keep the change. His highness is too kind. After work I grabbed a few beers from the store and settled in for an evening of salmon croquettes and film. My definition of relaxation. I also saved up a good bit for this weekend's OU/Texas Matchup.

Breakdown:

Starting Balance: $0.25

Wednesday:
Best Buy: $1
Groceries: $8

Thursday:
Groceries: $10.50

Friday:
Keeping the change: $2
Beer: $3

Ending Balance: $9.75

1 comment:

amy said...

Mmmmm, so much green on the blog! Don't you love being in the black? Glorious!