Thursday, October 11, 2007

There are free lunches, and you can get me one.

You guys remember Stella from work don't you? Well yesterday Stella told me, "Hey Paul check out this website gomobo.com where you can order food online, then you can pick it up, NO WAITING, oh and you get a few bucks." My thoughts were something like "Oh, sure Stella, whatever I don't need your spam fiesta."

But later today I was looking into and decided to try it out. And sure enough all I had to do was give them a little credit card information and my address and they told me all the places I could order from and they gave me $2 credit. Stella also gave me a special secret code which landed me an extra few bucks for my order. We both made an order online and walked to the Bombay Grill. I had the Tandori Chicken and Stella had some vegetables. And while it wasn't the best Indian food, I don't think anything beats free food which I didn't have to wait for.

Speaking of free food, if you sign up to gomobo.com then you get $2 credit towards any resturant and if you fill out a survey they throw you $2 more. But the most important thing that my New York friends have to do is enter my phone number in the "Who referred you?" box. This simple act will garner me $5 worth of free food credit and put me that much closer to the end of my credit card debt. Have a heart and some lunch to.

Today I decided to grab a tamale and a banana for breakfast, they were out of pablano so I went with the rojo. That and a couple of beers at the end of the evening was all I spent.

Breakdown

Starting Balance: $-1.75

IN: $10

OUT:
Tamale: $1.25
Banana: $0.25
Beer: $1

Balance: $5.75

1 comment:

amy said...

Heya. Just occured to me: maybe in addition to "current card balance" you could have a starting balance, so your newer readers could appreciate how far you've come. Just a thought.

:)