Saturday, October 13, 2007

Weekend Washout

There comes a time in every man's life when the oil runs out, and the bottle is empty, and onions need frying, and the bread needs dipping, and the water needs, well oiling. And at that time a man has to go out and buy some olive oil. So that's what I did. I went to a high class grocery joint on the upper east side, called Citarella. While I was there I had to pick up some bread.

I've recently been obsessed with Roma tomatoes. There's a produce place that has cheap avacadoes and really luscious Roma tomatoes. That night my Canadian friend and I sat down and ate the baguette with bread and tomato and a head of roasted garlic. We chased it with wine which one bottle wasn't enough. So I had to go buy another. Such are the duties of hosting, though my pal did throw in some cash. It's hard sometimes to believe that I pay $6 for a beer at a bar and $6 for a bottle of wine. I wonder why I go to bars, I wonder why I can't wait to go to bars when I'm all paid off. They aren't that great. The company can be nice, but I may be getting past the point of wanting to meet new people. Why is it that people have to say, "Hey let's go drink somewhere where they charge too much?" Why can't we say, "Hey come to my house and let's get drunk?" Is it the phrasing? Is it the selection? Cause I normally pick one drink and stick to it. Who knows.

Well after drinking a few bottles of wine the night before I had a headache, so I got aspirin. I went to work on Saturday and tutored my little heart out. I was feeling lazy so I bought some Mushu Pork. While ordering out is often a bust financially, I've already gotten 2 meals out it and have at least 2 more. So I think all that delicious is worth it.

Still, on Sunday, the grocery store called. And I had to get out there and pick up some provisions that will hopefully last me the rest of the week, or at least a good portion of it. Tonight I made some guacamole, and I'm certain I'm getting better at it. We shall see.

Sorry for the boring entry. I've been hanging out a lot. Good thing about hanging out in the apartment is that you don't spend a lot of money. Bad thing about staying in the apartment is that you can do that anywhere, and this after all is New York City. Exciting things are coming I promise. I was going to try to sit in on a Kung Fu class on Monday but I said I'd cover a shift at the second job. No problem. Kung Fu next week.

In other news, I paid off $500 of my credit card this pay period. Not too shabby.

DAILY BREAKDOWN

Starting Balance: $5.75

In: $30

Friday:
Olive oil and baguette: $14.50
Avacadoes and tomatoes: $2.75
Eggs: $1
Wine: $4.50

Saturday
Aspirin: $5
Butter: $2.25
Chinese Food: $10
Toilet Paper: $0.75

Sunday:
Dunkin Donuts Coffee: $2
Groceries: $7.75

Balance: -$14.75

1 comment:

amy said...

Dude - you got below $2000 of debt?! That's brill. Congrats.